8-Ball, 9-Ball & 10-Ball
Playing Cue: G303 with a G-core shaft and an i-2 shaft
Break/Jump Cue: Stinger cue
McDermott Ambassador Since: 2013
Home Club: The Billiards Cafe
Tips/advice for aspiring players:
"Don't let the pressure get to you. If you're not having fun, then what's the point?"
- 2012: New England USA Pool League Women’s 9-ball — Summer Division 1
- 2012: New England USA Pool League Women’s 8-ball
- Individual Competition:
- 2014: BEF Junior Nationals — 4th place — 18 & Under Girls Division
- 2009-2013: Billiard Education Foundation Academic All-American
- Competed in the Super Billiards Expo — lost to the 2nd place finisher
- Played in the BCA Women’s Open 9-Ball tournament — Las Vegas, Nevada
- Women’s 9-Ball Adult Tournament — 4th Place — Amazin Billiards - Malden, Massachusetts
- Finished in the top 4 at the NEUSAPL Singles Go to Vegas 9-Ball Tournament, earning a spot in the BCA Open Women’s 9-Ball Championship
- Approached by Lindenwood University and asked to consider going to there and competing on their collegiate pool team
- Junior National Championships — 5th Place — 15-18 years old girls division
- 2012: Junior National Championships — 5th Place — 15-18 years old girls division
- 2011: Junior National Championships — 3rd Place — 14 & under girls division
- 2010: Junior National Championships — 5th Place — 14 & under girls division
- 2009: Competed in the Junior National Championships — 14 & under girls division
- 2005: Started playing pool at 8 years old and competed in the Junior National Championships — 14 & under girls division
- Team Competition:
- Captain of a women’s team that won the annual playoffs and the Go To Vegas Tournament to win an all-expense paid trip to play in the USAPL 8-ball Team Championships in Las Vegas — Summer 2013
- Competed at the USAPL 8-ball Team Championships in Las Vegas
- Captain of a Thursday double jeopardy (8-ball and 10-ball) team — since Summer 2012
- Captain of a women’s team — since Fall 2011
Juli’s interest in pool started at the age of eight when she went to the local pool hall and they had to saw off a cue so it would be short enough for her. She soon became enthralled with the game and met many top pros, including Mike Masse, Jeanette Lee, Allison Fisher, Tom Rossman, Andy Seagal and Sal Conte. She started playing with other youths in the local youth league and quickly became quite adept at not only playing, but winning matches.
Working into her teens, she attended the Billiard Education Foundation Junior National Competition four years in a row, never placing lower than 5th. Her love of the game has increased as she balances play time with school time. She maintains an A/B average in school while shooting 2-3 times per week.
She has continued to hone her skills working with adults in league play in the open and masters division and plays in local tournaments. Her hard work has gained her as high as a 4th place overall finish in adult play and she’s convinced she can do better. She currently plays 8-ball, 9-ball and 10-ball as well as an occasional snooker match.